Senior Frontend Engineer
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. Store them securely in our wallet, spend them with our payment card. We never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’re a high-performance team of around 25 people; we have freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking offers ownership, and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!
We're looking for a user-focused Frontend Engineer to help us build products and services that bridge the real-world with the decentralised world of the Ethereum Blockchain. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to bring best-in-class user experience to this new paradigm in computing. You’ll play a key role in designing and building privacy-first applications on the “next generation computer”, aka Ethereum, to ensure that our users will never be our products!
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborating with our Product Designers to build best-in-class consumer products
- Working with the other frontend engineers to deliver intuitive user-facing features that are a joy to use
- Sharing your feedback in design and code reviews to ensure the team is constantly raising the bar
- Creating secure mobile applications to help our users safeguard their digital assets
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to build uncharted, decentralised solutions to the payments industry.
Our tech stack includes:
Ethereum - Solidity- React Native - React.js - GraphQL - Apollo - Go & TypeScript - Docker - Kubernetes - GCP
This role is for you if:
- You've built commercial products using React
- You have a vast knowledge of current technologies and thirst to learn and experiment with more
- You can architect scalable solutions in a fast-paced environment
- You have solid experience in building functional, responsive, user facing mobile applications
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and thrive working within a team
- You're not scared by complexity
- You have a strong bias towards action and a healthy 'can do' attitude.
Bonus Points for:
- An understanding of how the Ethereum Blockchain works
- React-Native experience
- Native Android devel (java) development experience
- Loving Android (we have too many iOS users)
- Being evangelical about data-driven design
- You've done some server-side rendering with Node.js
- You've worked with GraphQL / Apollo
- You have experience with automated behavioural testing frameworks
- ... or you want to learn all this, and more!
TokenCard is for you if:
- You’re excited about the potential to create social change through technology. We're not in this to get rich quick, we want to fundamentally change how the world does business
- You believe in strong opinions weakly held, without ego. This industry is too new to have experts. Great ideas come from anywhere and better ideas can come at any time
- You embrace the growth mindset and you like to be constantly learning, about everything
- You’re creative & innovative. If it has been done before you will do it better but you will also relish doing things that have never been done. You are happy to be experimental, create a hypothesis, test and iterate.
- You believe in transparency. It's not just a word for us - it’s what our business is built on. That means we treat our team like adults and we really value people who are open and genuine.
- You appreciates the power of knowledge sharing - as soon as you learn something new and exciting, you can't wait to pass it on!
Our team members are rewarded well, not only with a competitive salary, but also with:
- Generous Stock Option Scheme
- TKN Option Scheme
- Private health insurance
- A training & development budget that helps you to grow with TokenCard
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours - we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out
- A company pension scheme (naturally)
- Top of the range hardware
- Team lunch on Wednesdays, breakfast on Fridays and healthy snacks
- Bi-annual company events
- The option to participate in a crypto salary scheme
- A fantastic office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Access to a range of discounts and little life extras via Perkbox
A little bit about our recruitment process:
Following an initial intro call, we have a 3/4 step process which includes a technical challenge. In order to make the most of your time and ours, we ideally like to hold onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
If all this sounds exciting...
Start a conversation by hitting apply and sending us some information about your achievements, ambitions and why you're interested in joining TokenCard- we look forward to hearing about you!
Unfortunately, we're not currently in a position to offer visa sponsorship.
Check out some more about us on our blog here: https://medium.com/@TokenCard